We are SO EXCITED to be hosting a 50 hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training led by Eleanor Bramwell and BodyWise Foundation!
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology, we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing. After completion of this training you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations. If you are not a yoga teacher, this training will support you in your own self regulation, offer you tools you can use with patients and clients.
This training is taught over the course of two weekends: January 31-February 2 and February
Training Times: Friday 4:00-8:00 pm, Saturday 11:00-6:00 pm, Sunday 9:00-5:00 pm
Early Bird $600
After October 1st, $700
Balance Invoice will be sent via email within 48 hours of registration.
Training manuals and certification are included in the price. Eligible for CEU hours with Yoga Alliance.
Post course requirements for certification: Lead 10 trauma informed classes (minimum three attendees per class), read Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming the Body by David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper, PhD or Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine, PhD, and provide a page summary, and choose an area of the Anatomy curriculum that interests you and write a one-half to one page write up.
Full Course Description & Educational Objectives
We collaborated with experts in the field of trauma to bring you a comprehensive evidence and inquiry based 50 hr trauma-informed yoga teacher training. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis to students with demonstrated need who plan to take the learnings back out into the world and impact underserved or underrepresented communities.
As a student in this training you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact. Specifically, how traumatized people process information, trauma symptoms, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing.
- Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interoception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition.
- Through exploration of A.C.E , complex trauma, developmental trauma, and attachment theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
- Learn tools to increase heart rate variability, increase neuroplasticity, decrease activity in the default mode network, induce the relaxation response, support nervous system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
- You will have tools to make your standard classes more trauma sensitive. Through practicum, you will feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
- We will explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma, and how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.
Please note: Missing more than two hours of training, will require the individual to pay for an
individual session(s) with one of our trauma facilitators, to be eligible for certification.
Please note: THIS IS NOT A THERAPEUTIC INTENSIVE.
Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is professional training.
Eleanor Bramwell: CCTSI, BCSI, E-RYT 500, SEPIT - Executive Director
Dedicated to honoring the body’s inherent wisdom and impulse towards wholeness, Eleanor is a trauma specialist known for powerful facilitation and creating sacred space.
She completed a graduate program with Kensis, trained under Dr. David Berceli, and trained with Dr. Bessel Van der Kolk and Joe Emerson of the Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Center. Eleanor is a Certified Trauma Specialist through Trauma Institute International and a certified TRE (trauma releasing) provider. Currently, Eleanor is completing a three-year trauma residency with Dr. Peter Levine in Somatic Experiencing.
Eleanor’s training as a Board Certified Structural Integrator, nutritionist, and trauma specialist gives her a unique view of trauma theory and how it impacts the body, specifically the fascial system, endocrine system, and digestive system.
Committed to contributing to a larger conversation, Eleanor founded the BodyWise Foundation and the BodyWise Institute.